This Ubuntu Theme Pack for Windows 7 will completely change the look of windows 7 to ubuntu.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Beautiful Mac looks theme for Windows seven designed by Alkhan.
How to Install Mac Leopard OSX theme for Windows 7.Steps given below
- Download Universal Theme Patcher and Extract it using Winrar. Download Here
- Right Click to tcpz.exe (For 32-bit Windows) or tcpz64.exe (For 64-bit Windows) and “Run It As Administrator“ to install this theme Patcher an shown.
- After Installing the patch Restart The Computer.
- Copy the content of theme (.theme file and theme folder) into C:\Windows\Resources\Themes and double click .theme file.
- Download : Mac Leopard OSX theme for Windows 7
Today Microsoft released August 2010 Security Bulletin, this Security Bulletin will fix 14 security bulletins, and 34 vulnerabilities. This update will fix Security Flaws and Errors in .NET Framework, Silverlight, Internet Explorer, Microsoft’s MPEG Layer-3 audio codecs, Microsoft Office and also includes Windows Kernel updates. Microsoft also released a Security Advisory with this update. This advisory addresses the potential for attacks that leverage the Windows Service Isolation feature to gain elevation of privilege. Microsoft is saying four of these updates to be high-priority deployments. The details of those four updates are:
- MS10-052 This bulletin resolves a privately reported vulnerability in Microsoft’s MPEG Layer-3 audio codecs. The vulnerability could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted media file or receives specially crafted streaming content from a Web site. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could gain the same user rights as the logged-on user.
- MS10-055 This bulletin resolves a privately reported vulnerability in Cinepak Codec, which is used by Windows Media Player to support the .avi audiovisual format. The vulnerability could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted media file, or receives specially crafted streaming content from a Web site. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could gain the same user rights as the logged-on user.
- MS10-056 This bulletin resolves four privately reported vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office. The most severe vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a user opens or previews a specially crafted RTF e-mail message. An attacker who successfully exploited any of these vulnerabilities could gain the same user rights as the local user. Windows Vista and Windows 7 are less exploitable due to additional heap mitigation mechanisms in those operating systems.
- MS10-060 This bulletin resolves two privately reported vulnerabilities, both of which could allow remote code execution, in Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft Silverlight.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Microsoft announced the launch of next version of Microsoft Security Essentials in beta. This free anti-malware service was first released in September 2009. Due to its low resource usage and discrete interface, it has become a must-have for all Windows users. This new version includes more protection against network based threats.
What’s New in MS Security Essentials 2.0 Beta
Windows firewall integration – It includes the option to turn Windows firewall on or off during installation.
Better protection against web based threats – It integrates with Internet Explorer to provide better security against different web based threats.
New protection engine - It has an updated malware engine that offers better threat detection and cleanup.
Network inspection system – It provides protection against network based exploits. It prevents malicious scripts from running. Unfortunately, this feature does not work on Windows XP. Since this feature requires Windows Filtering Platform (WFP), only Windows Vista and Windows 7 users can access it.
The new Microsoft Security Essentials beta is available only for genuine Windows users on a first come first served basis until maximum number of participants is achieved. According to Microsoft, it is only available to customers in the US, Israel, Brazil and China.
Download MS Security Essentials 2.0 Beta
To download the new beta version, visit Microsoft Connect. You need to register and log in into the site to start download. Select the appropriate version for you and click the “Download” button. Start enjoying better security!
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Free Hide Folder is a free computer security software to hide your private folders. It is very useful to keep your personal data away from others. Others will not know where your personal files exist and they will not be able to accidentally view them. You can hide folders simply with a few mouse clicks. Free Hide Folder is protected by a password that you can change or remove at any time.
Why do you need Free Hide Folder?
Most people have many files or folders on their computer which they do not want to others see or use them. If you are interested in protecting your personal information, Free Hide Folder is just what you are searching for. With Free Hide Folder you will protect your files avoiding them to be being modified, seen or erased by other users.
Monday, July 19, 2010
While physical media such as CDs and DVDs has largely been replaced by thumb drives and external hard drives, there are still times when a good-old-fashioned disc comes in handy. For instance, maybe you want to share your vacation pictures with Grandma Lucy, or perhaps you’d like to make a video presentation for your parents’ 25th wedding anniversary. If so, you’ll need a good CD/DVD burning program to produce your disc.
Here’s a run down of 7 popular programs that can make this task easier.
1. ImgBurn (Free, Window) ImgBurn has several different ‘modes’ which allow you to perform a number of tasks. You can read, build, write and verify a CD as well as use the Discovery mode, which helps you create a perfectly seamless CD. What’s more, ImgBurn supports a variety of image file formats so that most people can use the software.
2. CDBurnerXP Pro 4 (Free, Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista) This program is excellent for creating music CDs, in either audio or data (MP3, AAC, etc.) format. It has a good, user-friendly interface, and it allows you to create audio CDs from many file formats, including WAV, WMA, MP3, and OGG. CDBurnerXP also includes an integrated audio player, which is convenient for playing your music before or after burning disc.
3. Burn (Free, Mac OS X) Burn, arguably the most famous CD and DVD burning software for Mac that’s free, allows you burn virtually any type of CD or DVD. It can burn data discs, audio CDs, and video CD or DVD discs. Burn can also copy or write disk images such as those in the .dmg, and .iso formats. A bonus feature provides the ability to personalize your DVD videos interactive menus and themes.
4. InfraRecorder (Free, Windows) This free, open-source burning application covers almost all of your CD and DVD needs. It supports the burning of disc images, creating video DVDs, copying discs, and quickly making audio CDs. It can even erase discs! InfraRecorder is very light and quick, and it’s extremely portable, which means you can take it with you on your thumb drive wherever you go.
5. Explore&Burn (Free, Windows) Explore&Burn is a great program for users that want ease and simplicity. Extremely lightweight, Explore&Burn is a no frills program which allows you to burn files by simply right clicking on the files you want to burn and selecting from the drop down menu. Explore&Burn is capable of creating video and data discs without trouble and can also create a multi session CD. What’s more, it comes in a variety of languages so you’ll always find the software easy to understand.
6. FinalBurner (Free, Windows) FinalBurner is among the best of the free burning programs out there. It gives you the ability to create audio, video, and data discs. It can burn DVD+R/RW, CD R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD DL discs. It can also extract songs from audio CDs and save them as .wav, .mp3, . mid, .acc, .wma, .mp4, and many other formats. FinalBurner also supports burning an ISO image of a disc.
7. StarBurn Free (Free, Windows) This program from RocketDivision supports a large variety of hardware including DVD, CD, Blu-Ray and HD-DVD players. StarBurn includes step-by-step wizards for extracting, copying and burning discs. The interface is extremely easy to use. Key features include extracting individual tracks from DVDs, saving backups of DVD/CD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD discs in 1:1 mode, and ripping sound tracks from audio CDs.
As you can see, there are plenty of programs out there to simplify the task of producing CDs and DVDs. Perhaps one of those listed above will suit your needs.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Linux users enjoy multiple desktop feature, but this feature is not available in Windows. so there are only two available options for Windows users to get Multiple Desktop Feature. Either to switch to Linux or use third party softwares. Many paid Virtual Desktop Softwares are available which offers you the feature of Multiple Desktops. but why to pay if you can get this feature for Free. I have gathered a list of 8 Free Virtual Desktop Softwares for Windows. Try them, if you are looking for Free Virtual Desktop Softwares.
Dexpot turns your monitor into up to 20. Dexpot creates additional workspaces you can quickly switch between. Take, for example, Desktop 1 to listen to your favourite music, surf the web on Desktop 2, use Desktop 3 to handle your daily word processing or switch to Desktop 4 for a game of Solitaire.
Different icons, wallpapers, start-ups, and much more can be configured for each desktop.
Users owning netbooks, tablets and UMPC with small screens and low resolutions will benefit from virtual desktops as well.
2) Virtual Desktop Manager:
This virtual desktop program takes advantage of this new API and uses some tricks of its own to provide a powerful virtual desktop manager with a full screen thumbnail based preview. You can have as many desktops as you want and can seamlessly switch between them.
VirtuaWin is a virtual desktop manager for the Windows operating system (Win9x/ME/NT/Win2K/XP/Win2003/Vista). A virtual desktop manager lets you organize applications over several virtual desktops (also called ‘workspaces’). Virtual desktops are very common in Unix/Linux, and once you get accustomed to using them, they become an essential part of a productive workflow.
360desktop transforms your standard Windows desktop into a 360-degree panoramic workspace, giving you many times more desktop space. 360desktop also lets users make desktop widgets from favorite pieces of the Web and create and share 360-degree interactive wallpaper. 360desktop makes your desktop a more functional place with a 360-degree panoramic view. Always have the latest news, dynamic information, video content, family photos or anything else you like at your fingertips.
T3Desk lets you manage your applications more easily in a 3D desktop adding the third dimension to your Windows screen.
“3Dmized” windows will appear in three dimensions and transparent on your screen and have the ability to be flipped, zoomed, moved, swiveled in almost anyway you want. T3Desk is lightweight on your resources, unlike most applications of its kind.
SDesk (Scrollable Desktop) is not a multidesktop application. Instead, it simulates a single, giant desktop up to 32,000×32,000 pixels. An infinite number of desktop regions can be created and made visible by menu, keyboard shortcuts, or even by following the mouse cursor. The features include scrolling the visible portion of the desktop, moving desktop windows, tiling desktop windows, creating new desktop regions, starting the screensaver, locking a workstation, and making any window a top window. The actions can be put into the SDesk menu, assigned to keyboard hot keys, or assigned to a mouse movement.
This program creates 99 virtual deskops that make working with a big number of open windows and applications more easier. Whenever your desktop gets full of applications and windows just change your current desktop and you get a clean new desktop.
Are you running out of desktop space. Are you constantly closing down programs that you really need running in order to make space. Do you want to be able to manage multiple desktops like you can on Linux. Well with VividDesktop you have the key to solving all these problems. With this easy-to-use program, you can run virtual desktops on one computer. They are all hot-keyed or easily available from the systray icon. VividDesktop allows you to create multiple virtual desktops within Windows. This means you can have different programs running under different desktops and switch between them with ease.